Universal Orlando Resort Contest
Enter for the chance to win a trip-of-a-lifetime to Universal Orlando Resort’s three amazing theme parks, where you’ll experience action that puts you in the middle of your favorite stories, adventure that takes you beyond your imagination and spectacular resort hotels. Universal Orlando Resort is a family experience of epic proportions.
You could win a 3-night trip for four including:
- ■ Round-trip airfare to Orlando, Florida
- ■ Ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Orlando
- ■ Hotel accommodations at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites
- ■ Admission to both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks, plus Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park
- ■ Tickets to a Blue Man Group show at Universal Orlando Resort
© 2019 UCF Hotel Venture V. UNIVERSAL TM & © Universal Studios. ENDLESS SUMMER registered trademarks, Bruce Brown Films, LLC. All rights reserved. © 2019 Blue Man Group Holdings, LLC. All rights Reserved. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
LANDMARK CINEMAS CANADA
WIN A TRIP TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT WEB CONTEST
RULES AND REGULATIONS (THE RULES)
HOW TO ENTER
- Landmark Cinemas Canada “Win a Trip to Universal Orlando Resort” Web Contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by Landmark Cinemas Canada Limited Partnership (the “Sponsor”), and is only open to individuals over the age of 18 as of the date of their entry into the Contest and who are legal residents of BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, and YT, except (i) the employees of Landmark Cinemas Canada, its affiliates, each of their licensors associates, and participating Landmark Cinemas Canada locations, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers including, without limitation, Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”). All rights reserved and its affiliates), and their respective agents or representatives; (ii) contest judges; and (iii) persons domiciled with any of the above or members of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) of any of the above. The entities listed in (i) and (ii) shall collectively be referred to as the “Group.” If a participant is an eligible minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, his or her parent or legal guardian must consent to such minor’s entry and hereby agrees to these Rules along with and on behalf of his or her minor child. All rights and responsibilities of a minor under the Rules are conferred and assumed respectively by the minor’s parent or legal guardian in representation of the minor. Universal Orlando is not a sponsor of nor responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of the “Contest” or the selection of winners.
- To enter the Contest during the Contest Period (as defined below), visit our website http://www.landmarkcinemas.com, click on the Universal Orlando Resort’s Contest page, and fully complete the Universal Orlando Resort contest entry form during the Contest Period. On the entry form, you will be required to provide your first and last name, date of birth, email address, and answer the question “How many theme parks are there at Universal Orlando Resort?”
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address per day permitted during the Contest Period. For the purpose of this Contest, a ‘day’ will run from 12:00:01 am (MT) to 11:59:59 pm (MT). For greater certainty, you can only use one (1) email address to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest. If it is discovered that you have attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) entry per person/email address per day during the Contest Period; or (ii) use more than one (1) email address to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) you may be disqualified from the Contest and all of your entries are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor. Your entry will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor.
The sole determinate of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
By entering the Contest, each entrant affirms that all of the information listed in his or her entry is complete and correct. All entries that are incomplete, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rules may be disqualified. Automated entries will not be acknowledged.
This Contest begins at 12:01:01 am (MT) on November 8, 2019 and closes at 11:59:59 pm (MT) on December 5, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. If you choose to enter the Contest using a mobile phone, standard data fees may apply; no other costs or other obligation will be incurred by entering the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that the entrant he/she has all the necessary rights to enter the Contest. All decisions by the Sponsor will be binding and final.
- The approximate odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
PRIZE DRAW SELECTION AND PRIZE DESCRIPTION
- On December 6, 2019 at approximately 10:00 am (MT), at 36560 60 Av SE, Calgary, Alberta, the official contest computer will randomly draw one (1) entries from all entries received to identify the potential winner of the grand prize described below.
There will be one (1) Prize (“Prize”) awarded. The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (each a “Guest”) to Universal Orlando Resort™ in Orlando, Florida (“Trip”).
Trip will include: round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort - Surfside Inn and Suites or at another Universal Orlando Resort hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park theme park tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests.
The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of Prize is Four Thousand Two Hundred Thirty-Two and 28/100 United States Dollars (USD$4,232,28).
Trip must be completed by October 31, 2020 or Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal Orlando and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than the allotted number of Guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. FMV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal Orlando.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if the prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded for any reason. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen components of the prize.
If any individual under the age of majority in the province/territory of their residence wins the prize, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant, provided such parent or legal guardian accepts the prize as awarded, and complies with these Contest Rules.
- In order to win the Prize in this Contest, the selected entrant must first correctly answer without assistance or mechanical aid, the mathematical skill-testing question administered by the Sponsor, and otherwise comply with these contest Rules.
- The Sponsor will email the potential winner of the Contest. If a potential winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s attempt to contact them within seventy-two (72) hours, he/she will be deemed to have forfeited his/her chance to win a Prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor may award the applicable Prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one (1) alternate potential winner may be drawn after which the prize may not be awarded.
- None of the Group shall be responsible in any way for the use of, or bear any liability whatsoever in any way attributable to any Prize awarded in this Contest or the events forming part of this Contest. The Group and each of their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releases”) (i) make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or from participation in this Contest. Without limitation, the Releasees will not be liable for (i) any technical malfunction, slow down, interruptions, disconnections or other problems relating to the telecommunication network or lines, network servers, access providers, computers, devices, mobile phones or mobile phone software; (ii) for the failure of any entry submission to be received by the Sponsor, their advertising or promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the telecommunication network; (iii) any damage to an entrant’s mobile phone, device or computer resulting from participating in this Contest; (iv) any unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest, (v) any technical or human error which may occur or arise or may have occurred in the Rules or in the administration of the Contest; or (vi) any charges entrants may incur in connection with participating in the Contest. If for some reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry in the Contest, provided that the Contest has not been completed.
There is a total of one (1) Prize to be won. The Prize Winner may be referred to in these Contest Rules as the “Prize Winner”.
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor for any and all purposes. None of the Group will be responsible for entries delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed, illegal, or incomplete.
- Before being declared a Prize Winner, the selected entrant must first demonstrate they are the owner of the email account associated with the winning entry by signing a declaration confirming understanding, compliance with, and acceptance of the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize. Each Prize Winner and Guest (as applicable) must also sign a publicity release and a release of all liability arising directly or indirectly out of the Contest and the applicable Prize satisfactory to the Sponsors (a “Release”). Winner must agree to look to the manufacturer of any Prize for any warranty issues, not the Sponsor. By accepting a Prize, the winner agrees to use of his or her photograph, name, address, likeness, voice, and statements in any publicity carried out in connection with the Contest, the Prize, or awarding of the Prize by the Sponsor, its suppliers and their affiliates, agents or such other designated parties without remuneration.
- Entries received after 11:59:59 pm (MT) on the Contest close date of December 5, 2019 will be considered null and void. Entries shall be subject to verification and shall be null and void if they are found to have been tampered with in any way, or not obtained in accordance with these Contest rules.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws and regulations and shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein; provided, however, that any disputes, claims, and causes of action against Universal Orlando arising out of or relating to any person’s use of or participation in any portion of the Prize provided by Universal Orlando shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, Florida. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
- The right is reserved to withdraw or terminate this Contest at any time without prior notice.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to residents of BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, and YT, 18 years or older. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Mathematical skill testing question required. Odds of winning are dependent upon total number of entries received by 11:59:59 pm (MT) on December 5, 2019. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win .
The FMV is USD $4,232.28 . This Contest begins at 12:01:01 am (MT) on November 8, 2019 and closes at 11:59:59 pm (MT) on December 5, 2019.
//end Contest Rules