Descriptive Video Services & Closed Captioning
Descriptive Video Services
Landmark Cinemas Canada is pleased to offer Descriptive Video Services ("DVS") at select locations. We offer Fidelio™ devices; a described narration system which featuring a small, light weight handheld unit and plug-in headset.
- Visually-impaired guests can sit in any seat in an auditorium
- Headphones are available but guests may use their own plug-in headsets provided that they fit into a standard headset jack
- Not all film titles are available in Described Video and are dependant on studio availability
- Fidelio units are not available for IMAX® presentations or other alternative programming such as Met Opera, concert films… where described services are not provided by the distributor.
- In addition to this system providing DVS to our guests, it also provides amplified sound for the hearing impaired (HI soundtrack).
Landmark Cinemas Canada is also pleased to offer its guests CaptiView™ at select locations. This system features a small captioning display unit with a flexible support arm that fits into the theatre seat's cup holder.
Titles where CaptiView is available will be marked with the Closed Captioning logo:
- Deaf, deafened or hard-of-hearing guests can sit in any seat in an auditorium
- Easy-to-read, high contrast onscreen display
- Privacy visor so it can be positioned directly in front of guest with minimal distraction to neighbouring guests
- Receive captions in English or French (provided captions are available)
- CaptiView units may not be available for all IMAX® presentations or other alternative programming such as Met Opera, concert films… where described services are not provided by the distributor.