Wonder Woman premiere cancelled out of respect for terror victims
The European premiere of 'Wonder Woman' has been cancelled following out of respect for the victims of a terrorist attack which took place in the UK on Monday (05.22.17).
Stars of the DC Extended Universe film including Gal Gadot, Chris Pine and Robin Wright, as well as director Patty Jenkins, had been due to walk the red carpet in London on May 31, but BANG Showbiz has been informed the event has now been called off in the wake of the tragic deaths of 22 people who were killed when a bomb was detonated at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena earlier this week.
A statement from a Warner Bros. Pictures spokesperson said: "Our thoughts are with those affected by the recent tragedy in the UK. In light of the current situation, we will not be proceeding with our plans for the 'Wonder Woman' premiere and junket activities in London."
Concertgoers were leaving the Manchester Arena after the show when a suspected nail bomb was detonated, causing chaos in the crowd with over 50 people taken to hospital and families and friends separated.
Following the attack, the UK has stepped up the threat level to critical.
Ariana later said she had been left "broken" by the tragic events.
She tweeted on Monday night: "Broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words. (sic)"