Play a Coke Contest
You Could Win A Trip For Two to an Orlando, Florida Resort!
Unlock 1 of 4 EXCLUSIVE Landmark Cinemas movie-themed Spotify playlists AND a chance to WIN a trip to Orlando, Florida when you purchase a medium 32oz fountain beverage from July 7 to August 17.
To unlock your exclusive playlist with the Play A Coke® app (Downloadable for FREE from iTunes or Google Play)
- Scan your cup
- Unlock a Spotify Playlist
Coca-Cola® Landmark Cinemas® Play a Coke Contest
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. Eligibility: The Coca-Cola® Landmark Cinemas® Play a Coke Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to individual residents of Canada who are 18 years or older at the time of entry except (i) residents of the province of Quebec; (ii) the employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of Coca-Cola Ltd., Landmark Cinemas G.P. Ltd. (the “Sponsors”), Coca-Cola Refreshments Canada Company (“CCRC”) and The Hive Strategic Marketing Inc.; (iii) the authorized bottlers or distributors of Coca-Cola® products, its and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, or any of the respective affiliates, related entities, successors or assigns; or (iv) persons domiciled with any of the above. The Play-a-Coke Contest is subject to all applicable federal, territorial, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Administrator: Landmark Cinemas G.P. Ltd, Suite 100, 14505 Bannister Rd SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2X 3J3.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrant warrants that he/she fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Play-a-Coke Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Play a Coke Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), July 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST, August 17, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this promotion.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to participate in the Play a Coke Contest:
a. Using the Play a Coke App to Enter. To enter, during the Contest Period use the Play a Coke app to scan any of the play buttons on the bottle silhouettes found on the Play a Coke 32oz Landmark Cinemas fountain cup (found at all participating Landmark Cinemas locations) and follow pop-up instructions. You will be required to fill out the Contest entry form and provide your first and last name, date of birth, email address, and answer the question “What is your favourite Coca-Cola beverage flavour?”
b. No-Purchase Entry Method. To enter the Contest without making a purchase, visit the Landmark Cinemas website, www.landmarkcinemas.com, during the Contest Period (as defined above), click on the Contest page, and fully complete the Play a Coke Contest entry form during the Contest Period. On the entry form, you will be required to provide your first and last name, date of birth, email address, and answer the question “What is your favourite Coca-Cola beverage flavour?”
For All Entries: Limit: Each individual may enter the Contest once per day, regardless of method of entry. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any registrant, the name used to enter the contest will be deemed to be final. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized entry holder.
Entrants may only use one (1) email address to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest. If it is discovered that you have attempted to: (i) obtain more than one entry per day per person/email address during the Contest Period; or (ii) use more than one (1) email address to enter, or otherwise participate in, the Contest; then in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors you may be disqualified from the Contest and all of your entries subject to disqualification. Your entry will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors) the entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsors. Any other unfair means not in accordance with these Official Rules may be grounds for disqualification.
6. How to Download the Play a Coke App: On your mobile device, visit either (i) the App Store on iPhone or iPad devices, or (ii) the Google Play Store on Android devices, and download the Play a Coke app.
7. All potential winning ENTRIEs are subject to verification by administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING. ENTRIEs are void if not MADE through legitImate channels and in accordance with these official rules. AN ENTRANT is not a winner of any prize, unless and until ENTRANT’s eligibility HAS been verified BY ADMINISTRATOR.
8. Winner Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingient upon fulfilling all requirmenets. The Administrator’s selection of a potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. A random draw will be conducted by the Administrator four (4) days after the end of the Contest Period. One (1) potential winner will be selected by random draw from all valid entries received during the Contest Period.
The potential winner will be notified by email, mail, and/or phone and must reply within the specified time frame. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, fails to provide his or her full contact information, if requested, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance and Release form within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the prize to an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries within approximately 4 weeks after the end of the Contest Period. There will be up to two (2) alternate drawings, if time permits, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
For All Potential Winners: The potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is over 18 yet still a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within three (3) business days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance and Release form in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator.
9. Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize (“the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of : A trip package for two (2) to Universal Orlando ResortTM in Orlando, Florida. Prize package includes roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Administrator in their sole discretion) to the destination city; 3 nights' accommodation at a hotel determined by Administrator in their sole discretion (one room, double occupancy); two (2) 3-day admission tickets to Universal Orland ResortTM; and $1,150 CAD spending money. Travel must be complete by December 31, 2017, or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner must request travel dates at least six (6) weeks prior to departure. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. All travelers must travel on same itinerary. Travel must be roundtrip. Adinistrator will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Administrtor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Administrator is not responsible if scheduled flight is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her place of residence), the winner's guest must be their parent/legal guardian. If winner’s guest is a minor (as determined by his/her place of residence), winner must be minor’s parent/legal guardian and must complete required paperwork on behalf of minor as applicable. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and/or any other documents necessary for travel between Canada and the U.S. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Winner and guest must comply with all hotel requirements, including without limitation providing a valid major credit card to the hotel upon check-in. Travel and accommodation arrangements are at the sole discretion of the Administrator. Absolutely no changes to travel dates or travel companion name are permitted once the Grand Prize winner has submitted the name of the travelling companion and all required booking information. If Grand Prize winner elects to travel with no travelling companion, no additional compensation will be awarded. No responsibility is assumed by Administrator for any factor beyond their reasonable control, or for cancelled, delayed flights for any reason whatsoever. Administrator is not responsible in the event winner and/or guest are refused entry to the United States of America or re-entry into Canada for whatever reason and any unused portion of the Prize will be forfeited. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. Sponsors are not responsible if winner does not use tickets or vouhers on date(s) for which they are issued. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000 CAD. The ARV may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV.
Terms and conditions of tickets, vouchers and coupons apply. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by the winner. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Each prize winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions realting to the Prize elements.
The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries recieved during the Contest Period.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's consent to Sponsors’ use of entrant's name, prize information, likeness, photograph, biographical information, city and province for promotional purposes in relation to the Contest in any media without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest for any reason without notice including but not limited to, the discovery of an error of any kind in the Official Rules, fraud, technical failures, regularly-scheduled maintenance or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control which impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize by random draw from amongst eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Release: By participating this Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors, CCRC, ,The Hive Strategic Marketing Inc., the authorized bottlers or distributors of Coca-Cola® products, any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, slow down, interruptions, or disconnections in phone networks or lines, cellular networks, or network hardware or software connected to or related to the Contest; (3) any problems or technical malfunctions or speed or quality of any telephone network or lines, cellular networks, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; (4) failure of any email or transmission to be received by Administrator due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (5) any injury or damage to a registrant or any other person, computer or other property, related to or resulting from participation in this Contest or website offers, or downloading any material related thereto; (6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (7) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (8) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any online or other charges you may incur in connection with participating in the Contest or for the availability or content of any other websites to which Administrator’s website is linked. All content on Administrator’s website is the property of Coca-Cola Ltd. and Landmark Cinemas G.P. Ltd. respectively or the manufacturers and suppliers of the items offered in the Contest. Sponsors grant a limited license to each user of the website to make personal use only of the website itself. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission or display of the content on its website is strictly prohibited. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another submission in the Contest. In the event that it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest for any reason, Administrator, at their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims to select a potential winner.
14. Disputes: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prize awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts of Alberta, Canada; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Alberta, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Alberta or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Alberta.